Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heading North

Left Bentsen Palm Village at 8:30 am. This is early for us when it is the first day out after sitting in one place for 4 months. We got less than a mile from the park when a buzzer came on......never a good thing. Turned out it was a low level in the coolant reservoir. The reservoir is opaque plus the opening is on the side at a weird angle so it is hard to check. However, we topped it up and that took care of the buzzer. We made good time and got to San Antonio about 2pm so missed the rush hour traffic. We got to Johnson City on hwy 281 about 3:30 and decided it was time to quit for the day. Today I got up at 6:30am which is way early for me who doesn't get up until 8:30. Between that and the stress of a first day trip I had had enough. We ate at a good Mexican restaurant across the street and now are enjoying life. It is cooler [68] and less humid up here which of course suits me. I even changed my tank top to a T shirt. I will enjoy sleeping in this cool air. We get to Oklahoma tomorrow but won't have internet at Dan's cousin so not sure when we will be on line again.

No comments:

Post a Comment