Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring Bike Rides

As you know Dan and I have recumbent trikes that we really enjoy riding. It is one of the few exercises I can do with my back problems [I can't ride regular bikes]. One of the big benefits for me at the RV park we stay at in Texas is that it is right next door to Bentsen State Park which has paved trails/roads and we can ride directly from our park to the state park without getting in the car. And in spite of all the traffic that is in a lot of south Texas, our area is still quite quiet and peaceful. One of the big benefits of our summer home is that there is a 50 mile paved bike path a mile from our house [not that we are going to ride that far]. We had not ridden since we left Texas but today was the day. Temps in the 60's, sunny, no wind, and we set off. It was wonderful. Dan turned around before I did but I rode about and hour and enjoyed every minute. Hopefully we/I will keep this up to get exercise and enjoy the outdoors. Weather here is perfect. Sure glad I am no longer in south Texas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment