Thursday, June 2, 2011

New Yard Mammal [almost]




Dan & I keep a list of the birds we have seen in our yard [the only list I keep].

[Lewis's woodpecker]









This morning we had our usuals, along with our first of the year [FOY] black-headed grosbeak.













I was taking pictures through our front window. Dan was taking the car to the garage to get some work done and I was to pick him up. He headed off and shortly thereafter, I headed down the road. Just after crossing the river, I looked into the bushes and there was a MOOSE!!! While I have seen several moose in different parts of the country, there has never been one 1/2 mile from home! Of course I did not have the camera. I thought "I really should pick up Dan" then just as quickly thought "to heck with it, I am going back for the camera". As a result, I got this great shot of the moose, and Dan wondered what took me so long. It was just as well I got the pic then, because when we came back by, the animal had disappeared into the brush. You just never know what you are going to see around here.









No comments:

Post a Comment