Saturday, March 27, 2010

I have wheels again

After being without a bike [or in my case a trike] since I punctured a tire during our last week at Mission and not having time to order a replacement for this odd sized tire, one of our goals on our way home was to stop by Utah Trikes in Payson Utah which specializes in selling and working on trikes. We got there today, got a replacement tire that is extremely difficult to puncture [Schwalbe Marathon Plus], replaced the little computer that tells speed, distance etc, and had the bike tuned up and chain adjusted. That worked out so well that I started comparing the new trikes they had in the showroom. I have had my trike for a couple of years but Dan has never had one. He didn't think he wanted one at first, but has since found out it is hard to ride a bike when I am on a trike, especially when we are birding, as the trike can go so much slower, then at higher speeds it is easier for the trike to go faster. Long story short [too late for that] we bought a new trike.....a Catrike Trail. Now we can both ride together, and since my trike is so much easier for me to ride with my back problems, it will be good exercise and more fun for both of us. They are going to set it up the way I want it and will ship it to us next week. Can't wait although the weather may keep us from riding for a while. Will post a photo of our trikes when we get home.

These last couple of weeks the weather has conspired against us. When we went to Winnebago we had snow. Coming back, more snow. Staying in Lawton, snow on the first day of spring. Now, on the way home to Montana, snow in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and now we are in a motel in Pocatello, Idaho and there is about 3" of snow on our car. The only good thing is that it is wet, and melts fast and the roads have been clear. We will be home tomorrow and after that it doesn't matter what the weather does. This has been one screwy winter for weather.

1 comment:

  1. yeah! now you both can wheel around the park when we go. did you see many birds in your travels?

    ReplyDelete