Thursday, April 1, 2010

Home Again

We arrived home safely and in one piece. It sure was nice to be here, and to get out of the car. However, I am leaving out an important part of our last couple of weeks. When we went up to Winnebago for repairs, we though we could be up and back in a week. It turned out to be 2 weeks due to the fact that we kept adding things to our list of repairs [but everything is now working and it is great]. Our intent was to head back to Oklahoma, put the motorhome in storage then head to Arizona for some birding before heading back to Montana. Due to the extended time at Winnebago, and the longer than anticipated time it took us to get the motorhome ready to store, as well as the snow storm on the first day of spring in Oklahoma, the time we could have spent in Arizona was was dwindling. In the end, we decided that instead of rushing around Arizona we would skip it this year and make plans to do it next year. We arrived home and started all the catch-up required after a long trip. My biggest concern was the fact that I had done nothing about our taxes. I had used the same accountant in Oklahoma for over 35 years but decided it was time to switch to someone up here. I didn't want to wait until the very last minute so got on it as soon as we got home. Turns out these people have many more people in their office and will be quicker. However, glad to have that behind me.

As I mentioned previously, we bought a new trike at a shop in Utah. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to ride it. Unfortunately, the guy at the shop had made some errors in writing down the specifications so have been on the phone to get that corrected. The shop is sending what I want, and Dan will change out the parts, which will be a real hassle for him. However, in the end this will be a great trike. We are looking forward to both of us being able to ride together. I took my first ride amid snow flurries, then 15 minutes later, the sun was out. That is spring-time in Montana for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment