Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mardi Gras Parade















For Mardi Gras some of us in the RV park decided to have our own parade. Those of us who had trikes decorated them with streamers etc, and then all of us wore masks, beads and had noise makers. We then paraded around the park either walking or riding, and throwing candy, coins, beads etc to the residents who came out to watch us. It was a lot of fun. We then had a party with tons of good food, and of course, various selections of booze.



























Upon returning from our Venezuela trip we found the garden had grown like mad. The weather had been cool, with rain and the cool weather crops I planted did well. When looking for seeds last fall, I had a hard time finding any so when I found some turnips instead of lettuce, I thought I would try them also. I don't like them too well, but a couple of friends here do, and I had the space to plant them. They are now large enough to pick, and I have become a convert to raw turnips. They are so mild and taste kind of like mild radishes. Dan won't try them, but that is OK.....more for me. We have had tons of lettuce and really enjoyed all the good salads with lettuces that did not spend a week on a truck before it got to our dinner table. Looking forward to doing the same thing at home.


We are leaving here March 1 to head home. There is a lot of organizing to do before we hit the road so we have started the process. We enjoy being here but it will be nice to be at home also.

No comments:

Post a Comment